my primary source of information is reading news and blogs from the internet. i collect these news as feeds (rss or atom) with google reader. currently i have registered about 20 feeds, which i group in the first place by categories as 'daily feeds' and 'none daily feeds'. i try to read all the incoming 'daily feeds' every day, while i read the others when i get the time to. some of my favorite daily feeds are from dzone, theserverside, javalobby, slashdot, ibm developerworks and sun developer center. many of these news i mainly skip through - probably about 80 percent. of the remaining 20% there are sometimes some items which are especially interesting to me. i store these in google reader by marking them with a star. some posts on special topics (currently for example javafx or scala) i store in separate categories.
another information store is my google mail account. whenever i find any special articles outside of my news feeds or other documents/tutorials (e.g. in pdf format) i store links to these or the documents themselves in my google mail account. sometimes i also create link collections on a special topic. i store a set of keywords with each mail. currently i'm also trying out a personal wiki(mediawiki) for a better structuring of these collected information than it is possible with emails.
another source of information is, of course, books. i don't read books on a regular basis, but i read about three or four books a year. the latest were 'effective java', 'hibernate in action' and 'pojos in action'.
last but not least i listen to the java posse podcast, which is really great.
so all inall this might seem a lot of information. but actually i have a lot of time driving to work and home again by train.